Followers

Tuesday 4 October 2011

My Kind of Daughter-in-law

Last weekend, out of the blues my son (25 yrs. old - second child) asked me about what kind of daughter-in-law I wanted. I answered why and he replied, "saje je nak tahu." To that I answered:" First, she of course must be a practicing Muslim, meaning she wears the tudung (sounds simple but to me if she does not, it means that she out-rightly defies Allah. If she defies Allah, how on earth is she going to listen to what her husband  says??) ), prays 5 times a day, fasts during Ramadan bla bla bla..... She does not need to be pretty, just pleasant-looking enough for my son to be attracted to her. If she is really pretty, that's a bonus. If she's educated, that is also a bonus (everyone goes to school nowadays right??). However, I prefer that she stays at home and look after the children and not have a career. It would be my son's duty to put nasi on the table and not her. If she can cook, that is also a bonus. She only need to want to learn how to cook and I'll be there to give her a hand." How about that?? Am I asking for too much?? I don't think so!

All in all, she needs to have the good qualities of a Muslimah. Her akhlak must be good. As what is prescribed by Islam, a Muslim should marry a woman for her piousness (religion), not for her beauty, nor her wealth or her lineage.

"Okay, okay," my son said absorbing my short lecture! Is he going to bring back such a wife, well, that remains to be seen! We'll just have to wait. Oh, yes before I forget, you my son, in order to get that daughter-in law of my dreams, do take a very good look at yourself in the mirror .. tell me, do you deserve that kind of a wife??? Are you as good or remotely as good as Sayyidina Ali radiallahuanhu to deserve Sayyidatina  Fatimah radiallahuanhu?? You've got a lot to do my dear!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha...I boleh bayangkan macam mana you berkhutbah kat anak you. Sape yang tanya tu Shimah?

SIAH

Ummu Madihah said...

boy, yang belum laku-laku lagi! hari tu dah ada, break, belum ada pengganti lagi. memang dia cari penyakit, ada ruang terus masuk lerr!

Anonymous said...

Belum sampai masa ...

Ummu Madihah said...

dia macam rasa tertinggal kut sbb dah a few kawan dia kahwin. dia nak kawin pun belum boleh, keje belum. next year br habis, skrg practikal kat IT company. Dia buat soft-ware engineering kat UniKL.

Anonymous said...

Tak apalah Shimah. You dah ada 2 cucu dah. I ni semua atas angin lagi. Entah sempat entah tidak tengok. Kalau sempat tengok, tapi menyakitkan, eloklah tak tengok! Hehehe

Ummu Madihah said...

Insya-Allah akan ada jodoh mereka tu, kita hanya boleh harapkan yang terbaik utk semua, dunia dan terutama sekali akhirat!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...