Followers

Saturday 8 October 2011

Downton Abbey and Barbara Cartland

I have been wanting to watch this TV series since it was first introduced on Astro. However I haven't had the chance to watch it, save for the trailer, since it goes on air at 11.00 p.m every Thursday night - way too late for an old lady who has to step on the fuel pedal at 6.30 a.m to go to work!

It was a pleasant surprise that it showed just now (should try to tune in on Saturday then). Unfortunately, due to the rain, again the show was disrupted! Arrghhh! When are they going to settle this 'rain' problem?? Look here Astro, we pay every month without fail (most of the time, unless when yours truly sometimes forget!), we should get reception, rain or shine! 

Going back to Downton Abbey, I'd like to say that it was as good as I had expected it to be - no wonder they get the various awards! It would be nice to spend a leisurely weekend watching Downton Abbey undisturbed by commercials. How am I going to get that?? Boy, I wonder it you help me in that area??

Watching the series made me go back memory lane - enjoying each and every word from Barbara Cartland (such a long time ago - I was once a teenager , you know!) 

Here's a review from one of her fans (couldn't agree more - took words out of my mouth!):

I LOVE BARBARA CARTLAND'S ALL NOVELS. THIS ONE WAS GREAT. SHE HAD SUCH MAGIC IN HER HANDS THAT SHE TRANSPORT YOU TO ANOTHER WORLD. YOU DON'T READ IT BUT YOU SEE IT, DRINK IT , SLEEP IT DIVE IN IT.
WORDS ARE LESS TO DESCRIBE BARBARA CARTLAND'S WORKS.

 
The above review was about this specific book, a classic from Cartland

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...